Strength & Conditioning Coach Education Track
New this year the AVCA Convention schedule will include an education track targeted specifically for strength and conditioning coaches. Some of the top athletic trainers, strength coaches and doctors in the country will lead presentations on a variety of topics including injury prevention, performance training and position specific training strategies.
A discounted registration package is available for strength and conditioning coaches that would like to attend this track only. Volleyball coaches registered for the convention may attend any of the strength and conditioning track sessions as desired.
Please see the schedule below for the strength and conditioning education track at the convention:
Saturday, Dec. 15
• Considerations for Training the Jumping Athlete – Tim Pelot (Senior Strength & Conditioning Coach – United States Olympic Committee Team Sports)
9 – 10 a.m.
• Off-Court Training Considerations for the NCAA Volleyball Athlete – Matt DeLancey (Strength & Conditioning Assistant Director – Florida)
10:15 – 11:15 a.m.
• Injury Prevention: Keeping Your Athletes in the Gym – Tim Pelot (Senior Strength & Conditioning Coach – United States Olympic Committee Team Sports)
11:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
• How Much is Enough? Using Zephyr Performance Data to Establish Normative Training Loads for Volleyball – Dr. Mark Tompkins (Director of Strength & Conditioning Olympic Sports – Minnesota), Sara Wiley (Director of Strength & Conditioning Olympic Sports – Minnesota) & Ronni Beatty-Kollasch (Assistant Athletic Trainer – Minnesota)
2 – 3 p.m.
• AVCA VPI: How to Use Physical Metrics Testing Results to Influence Strength & Conditioning Training and Monitor Player Development – Kathy DeBoer (AVCA Executive Director) & Kyle Norris (Athletic Trainer – Iowa Lakes Community College)
3:15 – 4:15 p.m.
• Crossing the Bridge: Working with Your Strength & Conditioning Coach in the Volleyball Club Environment – Seng Chiu (Grit Volleyball Club), Rob Rose (TrueAp) & Ken Kontor – Moderator (Performance Conditioning)
4:30 – 5:30 p.m.
*All sessions to be held in the Minneapolis Convention Center Lower Level Room 100DE.