Pre-Convention Seminar: Coaching in an Athlete Centric Time
Wednesday, December 14, 1 – 4 p.m.
CHI Grand Ballroom C & Mateflex Court 2
Carlette Patterson, Champion Wellbeing
Erin Virtue, USA Women’s National Team
Tama Miyashiro, USA Women’s National Team
The seminar will consist of two ninety-minute sessions:
- Change and Win As a Coach – 4 Yourself, 4 Your Players and 4 Your Team, Carlette Patterson
Wednesday, December 14th, 1 – 2:30 p.m.
CHI Grand Ballroom C
The Power of Team has been redefined. Do the athletes have the power or do you?
9 out of 10 people will choose to die rather than change- those are the stats. If you want to be in the 10% Club, you will have to change and there is a very specific way to do it. Carlette will teach, coach, and train you how to change and win. Learn how to:
- Understand the Change Formula, what it is, how to implement it and why it works.
- Embrace change, learn how to leave the Comfort Zone, go through the Fear Zone and live in the Learning and Growth Zone.
- Winning Strategies for navigating constant change through confusion, anxiety, resistance, and frustration.
- The X’s and O’s of Change Management: Listen. Learn. Lead. Care. Connect. Communicate. Reflect. Redefine. Repeat. Celebrate Change and Win.
- Feedback Strategies During Training: Coach and Athlete Collaboration is Key, Erin Virtue & Tama Miyashiro
Wednesday, December 14th, 2:30 – 4 p.m.
Mateflex Court 2
For the second portion of the Pre-Convention Seminar coaches will head to the court with U.S. Women’s National Team Assistants to learn about some feedback considerations and strategies for maximum learning retention during training. Coaches will walk through the Plan, Do, and Review phases of the feedback loop and answer key questions.
- How can you work WITH your athletes to co-create cues prior to training?
- What strategies does the WNT use to align coaches on feedback/focuses during training?
- What are examples of feedback throughout a training activity?
- How can I effectively debrief a training session with an athlete?
Our presenters will answer these questions and more in this can’t miss session at the 2022 AVCA Convention.