Club Management Education Track (presented by JVA)
The AVCA Convention offers a half day Club Management Education Track targeted specially for club directors and staff charged with managing the business operations of a club. Whether you are new to the role or a veteran looking to brush up on your skills these sessions will make you a more effective manager and leader. All programming is included with a Full Convention registration package.
Please see the schedule below for the club management track programming during the convention.
Wednesday, Dec. 13
• Welcome Gathering with coffee & refreshments
1 – 1:30 p.m.
• Making Your Club a Home: How to Build a Club Culture, Coaching Staff, and a Facility That Athletes Love – presented by Cat and Garrett Dailey, Directors of Northeast Volleyball Club
1:30 – 2 p.m.
• Solutions for Competitive Scheduling and Sustainable Collaboration for Volleyball Clubs – presented by Matt McEvoy, President of SynergyForce
2:10 – 2:40 p.m.
• Investing in Your Team: The Financial and HR Strategies for Long-Term Success for Volleyball Clubs – presented by Rodrigo Gomez, President/CEO of Northern Virginia Volleyball Association
2:50 – 3:20 p.m.
• Adapting to Growth & Maintaining Financial Viability through Economies of Scale – presented by Will Stein and Kris Wojieck Stein, Owner and Executive Director of Tidewater Volleyball Association
3:30 – 4 p.m.
• Club Operations and Coach Retention: Forming a Happy Marriage – presented by Anne Kordes, Associate Director of KIVA
4:10 – 4:40 p.m.
• JVA Annual Gathering & Awards Ceremony (open to all club attendees)
4:40 – 5:00 p.m.
• Keynote Presentation: Leading Learners: Concrete tools to help you and your people get better at getting better – presented by Trevor Ragan (open to all attendees)
5:00 – 5:45 p.m.
• Happy Hour for Club Management Track attendees with small group discussion
5:45 – 6:30 p.m.