Club Management Education Track (presented by JVA)
The AVCA Convention offers a half day of educational programming targeted specially for club directors and staff charged with managing the business operations of a club. Whether you are new to the role or a veteran looking to brush up on your skills these sessions will make you a more effective manager and leader. All programming is included with a Full Convention registration package.
Please see the schedule below for the club management track programming during the convention.
Once you’re registered for the convention please register here!
Wednesday, Dec. 15
• Club Management Track Welcome Gathering – Stop by the hallway outside C160-162 in the Greater Columbus Convention Center for Drinks and Snacks Prior to the Sessions
1 – 1:30 p.m.
• Top Down Culture Breeds Success – Mike Lingenfelter (Munciana Volleyball Co-Director)
1:30 – 2 p.m.
• Club Budgeting and Finance – The Big and Small of It – Steve Sack (Michigan Elite Owner), Lexi Patton (Virginia Elite Executive Director) & Jason Kozak (Virginia Elite President)
2:10 – 2:40 p.m.
• Identifying your Marketing Strategies – Scott Jackson (Minnesota Select Club Director) & Kayla Cole (Minnesota Select Associate DIrector)
2:50 – 3:20 p.m.
• Making Your Facility Work For You: Revenue Opportunities, Court/Asset Management, and Staffing – Emily Hawthorne (The Academy Volleyball Club Executive Director)
3:30 – 4 p.m.
• Validating Beach Volleyball through a Consistent Tournament Structure that Utilizes the Club vs Club Model at the Open, Club, and Futures Level – Chris Hannemann (Dakine VC Director) & Jeff Smith (Owner of BVCA Series & Director of 692 Beach Volleyball Club)
4:10 – 4:40 p.m.
• The Importance of Multi-Year Program Goals and Coach Evaluation – Jim Stone (Jim Stone Consulting & former head women’s coach – Ohio St.)
4:50 – 5:30 p.m.
• Club Director Happy Hour presented by USSCI
5:30 – 6:30 p.m.