Club Management Education Track (presented by JVA)
The AVCA Convention offers a half day Club Management Education Track targeted specially for club directors and staff charged with managing the business operations of a club. Whether you are new to the role or a veteran looking to brush up on your skills these sessions will make you a more effective manager and leader. All programming is included with a Full Convention registration package.
Please see the schedule below for the club management track programming during the convention.
Wednesday, Dec. 14
• Maintaining Culture and Consistency with Growth – Maggie Griffin (VCNebraska)
1:30 – 2 p.m.
• Making the Jump from a Small Club to a Larger Club while Maximizing Space and Maintaining Small Club Values – John Brannon & Abbi Hayes (Carolina UVC)
2:10 – 2:40 p.m.
• Managing Large Numbers at All Talent Levels from Tryouts to Skill Development – Max Miller (Mintonette)
2:50 – 3:20 p.m.
• Finding, Hiring, and Training the Next Beginner to Elite Coach through a Robust Coach Training Infrastructure – Travis Fuller (The Academy Volleyball Club)
3:30 – 4 p.m.
• From Pain to Priority: Making Parents a Part of Your Program through the Onboarding Process – Heath Eslinger & Mike Lingenfelter
4:10 – 4:40 p.m.
• JVA Annual Gathering (open to all club directors/coaches and high school coaches)
Keynote: Losing is a Part of Winning! – Micah “Bam Bamm” White
4:50 – 5:30 p.m.