AVCA Virtual Convention Resources & Social Events
COVID-19 might keep us from getting together in-person this year but it won’t stop the AVCA Convention tradition of bringing the volleyball community together. Volleyball coaches need each other now more than ever as we search for ways to move the sport forward and overcome unprecedented challenges. The virtual convention offers several resources and opportunities to connect and learn from each other.
- Social/Networking Opportunities – The virtual convention schedule will include music, games, giveaways, and other social events each day to give coaches more opportunities to connect. In addition, the virtual platform allows coaches to contact each other through a chat, video call, or scheduling feature so you can reach out to your friends when they are using the platform.
- Awards Ceremonies – Even though most teams aren’t playing until the spring that doesn’t mean there aren’t volleyball coaches and players that deserve to be recognized. The 2020 AVCA Hall of Fame inductees will be honored as well as club and high school award winners, ThirtyUnder30, Diversity and Coaches4Coaches scholarship winners, and a few surprise categories. Don’t miss the opportunity to honor the best performers in our sport.
- Volleyball Marketplace – The virtual Volleyball Marketplace brings the exhibit show right to your home or office. Search for vendors, get product information, receive attendee product show specials, and schedule appointments directly with exhibitors. Visit exhibitor booths anytime to schedule an appointment. Exhibitors are available for live chats during “Exhibitor Meet & Greet” hours each day.
- Career Center – Visit the Virtual Career Center to search job openings, post resumes, review salary survey information by division/conference, and schedule appointments with career counselors including resume, sports industry, and legal experts. The Career Center booth in the Expo is the place to connect with others seeking to fill job openings or find a new coaching opportunity.
- Research Center – Stop by the Research Center booth in the Expo to review some of the most recent data and analytics from our sport. Several coaches and researchers have shared their work to benefit the volleyball community.
- Podcast Center – Visit the Podcast Center booth inside the Expo to access audio of some of your favorite volleyball and sports related podcasts. The podcasts will cover a variety of topics that will both educate and entertain coaches from every level.
- College Open Dates & Tournament Scheduling Center – Do you have open dates on your schedule for 2021 and beyond? The AVCA College Open Dates & Tournament Scheduling Center will provide college coaches an opportunity to review open dates submitted to the scheduling database as well as post your own open dates or tournaments. Visit the College Scheduling Center booth inside the Expo to help you complete your future competition schedule.