Men’s/Boy’s Education Track and Programming
Again this year the AVCA Convention schedule will include an education track targeted specifically for coaches of men’s and boy’s teams. Both on-court and classroom sessions will be offered led by some of the top coaches in the men’s game.
In addition to the educational sessions you won’t want to miss the Men’s Coaches General Meeting on Friday afternoon and the Boy’s Talent Showcase on Saturday afternoon. The Boy’s Talent Showcase offers a recruiting event developed for men’s team college coaches attending the AVCA Convention. The event is open to uncommitted and unsigned high school and two-year college players.
Please see the schedule below for the men’s/boy’s program at the convention:
Thursday, Dec. 14
- Identifying the Most Important Skills for Scoring Points in the Men’s/Boy’s Game (classroom) – Mark Hulse, Dan Friend & Panel TBD (10:30 – 11:30 a.m.)
- Title TBD (court) – John Speraw (2:30 – 3:30 p.m.)
- How to Create a Strong Volleyball Community to Build Your College Program (classroom) – Kenny Rogers (3:45 – 4:45 p.m.)
Friday, Dec. 15
- Men’s Coaches General Meeting (1 – 2:15 p.m.)
- How to Grow Boy’s Volleyball and Drills to Help You Do It (court) – Matthew Snyder (2:30 – 3:30 p.m.)
- Tools and Strategies to Help Coaches Reach Their Fundraising Goals (classroom) – Wade Garard (3:45 – 4:45 p.m.)
Saturday, Dec. 16
- Growing the Men’s/Boy’s Game: Ideas for Increasing Participation in Club and Youth Programs (classroom) – Matthew Snyder & Austin Isham (9 – 10 a.m.)
- What to Expect When You Coach Both the Men’s and Women’s Teams (classroom) – Mike Talamantes, Nickie Sanlin & Amable Martinez (10:15 – 11:15 a.m.)
- Boy’s Talent Showcase (2 – 3:30 p.m.)